Savinex 29 is a Styrene/Butadiene Copolymer Latex that has been specifically designed as a latex admixture for use in cement compositions. The use of Savinex 29 as an admixture offers improved adhesion to substrate, toughness and flexibility, resistance to certain chemicals, excellent water resistance, better resistance to frost as well as dust suppression.
Cement compositions containing Savinex 29 are particularly useful in a number of applications. Some examples are:
- Water-resistant rendering for interior or exterior walls or basements
- Damp-resistant layers
- Levelling floors prior to laying tiles, wood blocks, etc
- Patching and repairing concreted areas
- Waterproof flat roofing and balconies
- Industrial flooring, screeding and topping
- Nosing for stairs indoors/outdoors
- Flooring for dairies, food factories, fertiliser stores where improved chemical resistance is required
- Lining of effluent ducts, tunnels and canals
- Corrosion protection of steel reinforcing rods in concrete, and of protection of steel structures.
- Water-resistant adhesives for tiles, aggregates, glass, steel, etc
- Screeds for bathrooms and showers